Saturday, July 21, 2012

Folding Beach Sling Chairs


Can I just tell you that I love these chairs?  They are adorable, COMFORTABLE, and pretty darned easy to make.  Heck, I made five of them!  The plans are available from Ana White for free!  If you know me, you know I worship the Alaskan ground she walks on.  :)


I made three of the adult versions as a special thank you to my son's preschool teacher and aides.  He is a full-time job in and out of our home and these ladies needed a place to relax for the summer.  I hope they've got a lot of use out of them.  I purchased the fabric from JoAnne's Fabrics and the wood I used for these is cedar, coated with Thompson's Water Sealer.  You can find the plans for the adult-sized version of the beach sling chair here.

 
I also had to make a few for my little darlings.  Ana has slightly different plans for the kid's version.  You can find the plans here.  These bad boys were made with pine, and I decided to paint them with white exterior paint. 

Made the kid's chairs with reversible fabric.

I'm kind of thinking they approve.  :)


Surprise yourself or someone else by giving these a try.

Debbie
Sharing with:

20 comments:

  1. This is Melissa @ Daisy Mae Belle. LOVE these chairs! I am going to have to look into making some of these! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are wonderful! I love that last picture with the kids in the chairs...how adorable. Thanks for showing them...the chairs and the kids. :) Lisa~

    ReplyDelete
  3. those are adorable and looks like the kids are totally loving them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! What an amazing present! I'll bet those teachers were thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome!! How cool that you gave them as gifts!! I bet the teachers are talking about them for years to come!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome!! How cool that you gave them as gifts!! I bet the teachers are talking about them for years to come!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these. They are so cute. I have a link party, and I would love it if you would link this post. It is called Wednesdays Adorned From Above Link Party. You can find it at

    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/08/natural-translucent-face-powder-update.html

    I hope to see you there. Have a great Day.
    Debi Bolocofsky
    Adorned From Above
    www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Debbie: These are just gorgeous--I love the fabrics you chose for them. I think they are perfect for summer, and I am sure your children's teachers were thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the Sling Beach Chairs but, are the strong enough to hold the weight of fat people?

    ReplyDelete
  10. These bright and cheerful chairs look so inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for dropping by and linking to Potpourri Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks so much for sharing these chairs last week with Wednesday's Adorned From Above. They are so cute. I love them. The link party is open now for this week.
    Just follow this link.
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/08/apple-cinnamon-roll-pull-aparts-and.html
    Debi Bolocofsky
    www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are featured today at Potpourri Friday at 2805! Thanks for being a great contributor!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are just the sunny thing I needed on this gloomy rainy day. They just shout "beach" to me. I'll check out the plans.

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are so cute! :) Love this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  17. OF COURSE they approve! Your kids are soooo lucky to have such a HANDY mom like YOU!!! These chairs are as adorable as.... well, I don't know what, but I stand by this: they are extremely cute!

    ReplyDelete