Sunday, July 1, 2012

The Front Door Transformation

We replaced our front door a few years back . . . . just a basic, want-to-be wood door from Home Depot.  It does the job . . . . but I'm not in love.

Please don't look at the boring white door trim.  Ack.
Now that I'm in the middle of transforming our living room from top to bottom (fully revealed at a later date), the brown door just didn't do it for me.  I had some new Annie Sloan chalk paint and I wanted to see how it could transform this door of mine.

Gotta say, I kind of like it now.


After washing down the door, I painted it with a mixture of Annie Sloan paints, but the main color is Provence.  After it was dry, I covered it in clear wax.  Then I did a little distressing around the trim pieces before coating in the dark wax.  I made sure to leave some wax in the corners and trim to add some antiquey-like feel to this big container store door.




 Hmmmmm . . . now, what to paint the front of it?

Debbie
Sharing with:

4 comments:

  1. I just love this transformation - beautiful job and now it actually looks like an old " wood " door - God, I love ASCP.
    Your newest follower - would love to have you come by and follow back!
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the door! You've made it look totally custom & given it so much more personality. I love all the refurbs & projects you've done so far & can't wait to see what's next. I've nominate you for the Versatile Blogger Award. You can check out all the details on my blog. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We JUST put a new front door on last weekend and I was hemming and hawing as to what to do on the inside,"DING DONG" Thank you for the great inspiration! Looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What paint have you decided on for the front? I want to suggest the same color you painted for the back, but I know I’m kind of late, so just tell us the result of this door transformation. Roosevelt Franklin @ Clear Choice Windows and More

    ReplyDelete