Monday, January 27, 2014

Building a Pallet Daybed

This is pretty much a post referring you to another post.  Really.  Because the instructions at Prudent Baby are so concise, why re-invent the wheel.  ;)

I had a customer that saw this image on Pinterest:

It was pretty serendipitous that I had recently pinned the same photo!  She wanted one and I was off to find me some great pallets.  After I finished it and moved it into the living room, my kids didn't want to give it up.

The only major change I made was adding a "backboard" so the pillows wouldn't fall off when pulled away from the wall.  Just make sure you leave enough room for two cleats in each of the back corners.

What a fun little bed this turned out to be.

So make your way over to Prudent Baby for a knock-it-out-of-the-park tutorial!

Have a great day,

Sharing with:


  1. What a great idea for pallets, so versatile. Love this bed.
    Have a great week,

  2. Super cool! This industrial look is so cool. Found you via the DIY dreamer.

  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

  4. This is a gorgeous daybed! I might just have to make one myself, I love it so much! Is it easy to move around? thanks for the tips on the backboard!!
    hugs x, Crystelle
    Crystelle Boutique

  5. I agree with Sharon, I also like the industrial look on a daybed with trundle

  6. Did you need to add any extra support to the center of the frame?