Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Meet Sandy, the dresser

Meet Sandy.  She was very plain Jane and didn't really feel comfortable in her skin.  I had to do something about that.


After her makeover . . . .


Sandy is a beach girl, always has been.  Summer vacations to the beaches of Cape Cod probably solidified that.  She loves to dip her feet in the ocean and breath in the salty scent of the sea.  And dried up seaweed.  :)


I love creating grain-sack stripes and I knew I needed to keep the colors beachy for this piece.


There is something about that magical mix between sunblock and sand.  Not so magical when it's under your swimsuit, though.


She'll be available at The Robin's Egg later this week.


Have a beachy day,

Debbie

Sharing with:





5 comments:

  1. I love this! The grain sack stripes came out awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandy has a great look!! Wonderful maleover!!
    Theodore is pretty cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful dresser. Love how it turned out. love the color and the blue stripes.
    Best,
    Marlin

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I did a grain sack dresser for my son's room and that grain sack really adds to that beachy relaxed atmosphere of a seaside home. Thanks for sharing at Silver Pennies Sundays. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome table, I love the uniqueness of the design.UK Cheapest Online Beds Store

    ReplyDelete