Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Meet Theodor, the dresser

Meet Theodor.


Kind of a cute little guy, but I thought he could use some sprucing up.  I hope you can see I was inspired by Theodor Geisel, Dr. Seuss himself.


This piece seemed suited for a younger person, so I just went with it.  I've always thought Dr. Seuss was brilliant and of course, timeless.


His work transcends generations and I'm proud to create something that can be enjoyed by another generation.


Of course I had to add a little "peek-a-boo" fun to the inside drawers.


I distressed the edges just a wee bit to show the black from the original piece.  The quote is from one of my favorite books, "Oh, The Places You'll Go".  Such wise words.


I love quotes.  And I love painting furniture.  Just the perfect marriage for me.

Thanks for reading,


Debbie


Sharing with:

11 comments:

  1. F.A.B.U.L.O.U.S.
    What an incredible transformation!!!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks awesome! I love the quote, this would be perfect in either a boy's or a girl's room! I saw you featured at the Shabby Creek Cottage.
    Debbie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is ADORABLE! So sweet! I'm featuring it in this week's Power of Paint Party Spotlight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for linking your blog up to Shaer the Love blog hop at http://www.serenityyou.com/2013/09/share-love-september.html

    No following you

    Natasha x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! I can't wait to see what else you have in store for your readers.

    Thank you for linking up to this month's Share the Love Blog Hop!

    Cindy from Superheroes and Teacups

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so much fun!!! I found you at the "Share The Love Blog Hop". I would LOVE for you to share this at our "Best Of The Weekend" party! We love featuring new peeps and this is just fantastic. Pinning! :)
    - Claire at ALittleClaireification.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great piece! I love the surprise blue inside. Really makes it pop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! Love the Dr. Seuss Poem and the pop of blue is genius. Thanks for sharing at Silver Pennies Sundays. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute..... I love this one!!!


    Suzie @ Dorothy Sue and Millie B's too

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love what you did with the dresser. I am a big fan of Dr Seuss too. Bu the only thing I have ever made in his honor was a gift box. :-)

    Cindy @ Upcycled Design Lab

    ReplyDelete