Thursday, October 30, 2014

Meet Jenna, the hutch

Meet Jenna, the hutch.


She's a solid piece of furniture but a bit outdated, for my tastes anyway. I had to do something about that.


First, I knew the glass had to go. Personally I have no problem with glass, but I've always wanted to add chicken wire to furniture and she is my guinea pig.


I wanted the contrast from the creamy white to the pop of blue, and I continued that throughout the whole piece.


I love furniture that has keys intact. It gives it a bit of historical charm.


I wish I had room for her in my little cape, but alas, someone else will have to dress her up with their books, baskets, plates, and other knick knacks.


Have a great day,
Debbie


2 comments:

  1. I can hardly believe this is the same hutch. What an amazing transformation. Love the fresh new paint and chicken wire. Thanks for sharing at VIParty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply Gorgeous. Someone's white ironstone pieces will look fantastic in there. The chicken wire looks good too.

    ReplyDelete