Sunday, August 18, 2013

Pinterest Yea or Nay #1

You have a Pinterest account, right?  Right?!?

Well sista (or brotha), if you don't, get on the bandwagon.  Pinterest is a virtual scrapbook.  You just file (called pinning) pages or photos from the internet that you love into self-created categories (called boards -- here's mine).  It's brilliant.  When I find a great tip, on say, painting furniture, I might put it in my "Wow-Good to Know" board.  Then I can always go back and find it.  Just brilliant.

And, if you're like me, you might have over 1,000 pins.  And what have you done with those 1,000 pins?  Not much, huh?!?  Well, I'm making an effort to actually use them.  Along the way, I am finding some successes . . . . and some fails.  With that, I thought I would create a thread called Pinterest Yea or Nay.     I will be trying out some of the tips, recipes, ideas, etc . . . and blog about their worthiness.

Let's start now.  :)

My first Pinterest Yea or Nay is a nail painting tip.  (here is the pinned webpage)




This is what the pin is about:  When doing your nails, use Elmer's glue around your nails, let it dry, go crazy with the paint, and then peel off the glue.  

I have a 4 year old daughter.  She likes to paint my nails.  Need I say more?!?  The first time it was cute to walk into stores with my flip flops on, my toes screaming, "I can't believe you brought us out in public!!"  But once was enough.  So you can imagine my relief when I saw a solution on Pinterest.  She can still paint my nails and they can look great!

I got out my handy dandy paintbrush and a bottle of Elmer's and got to work.


After painting around my nails with Elmer's, I let the little one do her magic.  You can probably see why my toes were embarrassed.


Where the skin is shiny is the dried Elmer's glue.


It's the moment of truth.


It worked, by golly!  It worked!  You can see that I needed a wider berth of Elmer's glue and also need to do a better job of my glue painting.


Haley can paint my nails anytime.  That's as long as I have some glue.


Happy Painting, nails that is.


Debbie



5 comments:

  1. Well that's amazing!!!
    And since I'm going blind as a bat this will be perfect for me too!!!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Hugs,
    Suzan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha That is awesome! I have to say when I saw the screen cap of the pin I had to LOL. But I'm impressed with how well that worked. I would LOVE for you to share this tip at "That's My Style" Link Party this FRIDAY on my blog. Not comfortable sharing? Stop by anyway for beauty related post and fun DIY projects. I hope to see you there! :)

    Karla @ www.MySerendipitousLife.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun is this. What a fabulous tip. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it...gonna try this one for sure! Thanks for sharing at The Scoop!...hugs...Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! With results like these, I might have a go painting my own toe nails.

    ReplyDelete